Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Independent One

I spent my time today working on researching some different types of photography to work off of. I spent some time looking up things that could help me thematically (like fairy tale fashion, photography, make up, etc.) in order to get inspiration for the shoot. Then I looked into specific photographers, and I fell into the work of Mario Testino and Terry Richardson. The two both have very different approaches to their photography, but they both essentially do the same thing - photograph fashion and people. I'm currently trying to see which route I feel I want to take. If I was to take inspiration from Mario Testino, I would most likely create some sort of spread of seven to eight photos following one theme or story line. If I was to follow a model closer to Terry Richardson's work, I would end up with something a little less structured and more portrait like (and somehow even more fun looking). 
photo by Mario Testino 

photo by Terry Richardson 


The Terry Richardson work is a lot like the photos we took as a class about two years back (my sophomore year) in hopes of creating a photography magazine. I remember working on that and those shoots as being incredibly fun and the idea of working on something like that again seems to be most appealing to me right now.

Also, I came across this site while I was doing my research. Personal note to keep this always in the back of my mind for future references: http://guessthelighting.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment